Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Untitled

I don't want this to become a blog focused on Catholic apologetics; I know that my previous posts are mostly on religious topics, but you must know that my faith is a major factor in my life. Three years ago, I was a "Cafeteria Catholic" meaning that I allowed myself to pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe. If I disagreed with the Church on something I would just ignore it. But over the past three years I have picked up a lot of books on theology and Church history, some of them light reading others not so much. And it has transformed my life. Hence the major focus of my faith on this blog.

Let me take some time to introduce you to my beloved family that sometimes make me feel as if I'm going crazy. First is my husband, Mike. I was very lucky to be able to marry not only the love of my life but also my best friend. Just for putting up with me and all the garbage that my past life I feel as if I should shout, "Santo subito!!" (Sainthood now!!) whenever he's around.

They agree! (Actually this picture is from the Vatican and for Bl. John Paul the Great)

My daughter, Sasha is an explosion of pink and she's obsessed with all things princesses. Neither of which I am a huge fan of, especially the pink. She is going into Pre-K next year and let's be  honest the school year can't start soon enough, for her and for me. I love her to pieces; she has an über contagious laugh, she's very smart, and lots of fun to be around.  Her little brother, Owen, is in the very early stages of potty training. That is, he's starting to be interested in all things bathroom related, but I'm going to wait until after we get back from our vacation before I even think about really trying to get him started. He loves all things trains, trucks/cars, balls, rough housing, and playing dress up with Sasha.

And finally a little bit about me. I'm a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom) who is horrible at keeping my house clean. There are several reasons for this: 1.) I'm lazy, 2.) I live with, quite possibly, the world's messiest trio, and 3.) I can find a lot of things that I'd rather be doing other than cleaning.  I am a nerd/geek/dork who loves all things Doctor Who. There are some out there who would say I'm borderline obsessed with the show. *shrug* I love history and have read many biographies on people that I find fascinating (e.g. Mary Stuart, Eleanor of Aquitaine) as well as books on particular areas or past events. I am quite fascinated with the late Roman Empire, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance. My B.A. in Anthropology is collecting dust and while I still have dreams and aspirations to one day be an archaeologist working in either Africa, at a museum, or at a University researching our past ancestors (Australopithecus Afarensis, Neanderthalensis, Archaic and Modern Homosapien sapiens, etc.) I know that they are just that...dreams. Even though I still dream big and oftentimes long to be working in the archaeological field in some capacity, I am currently more focused on getting into Grad school to earn a Masters in Theology. The key factor that is holding me back from going forward and enrolling is the tiny little problem of money. But I'm sure you know all about that problem as well. So until the time God blesses us with some additional funds and makes it feasible for me to go back to school I'll  have to settle for reading some super awesome apologetic books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment